Friday, February 20, 2009

The phone phenomenon

I don't talk on the phone very often. But I have noticed that when I do my kids seem to migrate to the room where I am. I believe this is the phone phenomenon, some invisible force draws my kids like magnets to me...mom when are you going to get off the phone, mom can I have this or that, mostly it is stuff that requires my direct attention and conversation. The funny thing is if I were just sitting there without the phone to my ear it wouldn't happen. Oh yes, I believe in the phone phenomenon, area 51, black holes (just ask Alex about that one), conspiracy theories and vampires (for kim).

3 comments:

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

yeah, and I also beleive that somewhere, elvis really is alive....LOL but yeah, the phone phenomenon is real, and so is the bathroom phenomenon. Just try going inot the bathroom, as quiet as you can, shut the and lock it and see how fast they are there banging on the door and wondering "what are you doing in there mom"? love ya, mean it. Mom

Patch of Heaven. said...

oh yeah I have noticed. I don't even shut the door to the bathroom any more.

Eric and Caralee said...

I have noticed the same thing! Interesting. If you ever happen to be up at midnight listen to coast to coast am, it's on kvel 920, now that's an interesting program (aliens, etc.). Eric used to listen to it all the time.