Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school


Today is the first day of school. T and G were excited (and I think a little nervous too) about the whole thing. They wanted to ride the bus...my mom used to take us the first day. I hope they find their classroom. They are soooooooooooo independent. I got a little chocked up watching them climb the steps of the bus...silly I know... but my babies are in first grade (and I am glad, because this means I can make the trip to Walmart with more than a two hour window) I just can't believe it...wew...maybe I'm still not ready to talk about it...On a different note...Happy Anniversary to my mom and dad who have been married 30 years today (what an accomplishment) I have been truly blessed by their wonderful example.

5 comments:

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Can you believe it! First grade...Ya, well you guys did want to ride the bus....at least some of you....but I always felt like I needed to take you....hard to cut the strings.....hard to let go......I stood in the drive way and watched you drive away as far as I could see, every. time. you went back to college too!...... LOL (I know it's me that's not independent...LOL)
Thanks for the well wishes today! Thanks for making 29 of those 30 years so blessed!

Brandi Sorensen said...

Your Blog is soo cute! and the twins look soo Grown up!

Kellie said...

Cute picture. I bet your house is quiet while they are at school and you probably get much more done and maybe even some much needed rest!

Eric and Caralee said...

Wow, they look so grown up! I'm so glad you get to enjoy baby C for awhile before #4! Love the name you chose by the way! Love ya

Jeanne Evans said...

They're probably independent because there are two of them...or because alot of kids these days seem to be really independent for some reason.